The Assistant to the Office of the Senior Pastor will be responsible for assisting the senior pastor in the performance of his responsibilities. He needs to maintain a high level of confidentiality, assist as needed in crisis situations, and serve as a helpful and caring Assistant to interface with the congregation and the senior pastor.
Telephone calls and Emails
1. Answers telephone calls directed to the Senior Pastor's office and screens calls as appropriate
2. Serves as a gatekeeper to the Senior Pastor, while ensuring people are helped/ served in a friendly and Christ-centered manner
3. Reviews and prioritizes telephone messages for the Senior Pastor
4. Makes telephone calls for the Senior Pastor, as directed
Maintains The Senior Pastor's appointment calendar
1. Makes appointments for the Senior Pastor, while redirecting those appointments that can be appropriately handled by another pastoral staff member
2. Enters meetings, conferences, and church-wide activities onto the calendar at the senior pastor's request
3. Provides the Senior Pastor with updated daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly calendars
4. Handles all travel plans and preparation for speaking engagements
1. Aids in preparation for meetings through the production of documents, handouts, reports, meals, reminders, etc, as requested by the Senior Pastor
2. Records meeting minutes, when requested, and assists in ensuring meetings proceed in a professional and timely manner
Maintenance of Senior Pastor's files
1. Maintains various types of files and databases for the Senior Pastor
2. Works with publishers for any book writing assignments
1. Reviews and/or drafts the Senior Pastor's correspondence and answers mail and/or composes letters, as directed
2. Types ministry-related correspondence, reports, minutes, etc.
3. Arranges and reserves all ministry-related travel
1. Takes initiative for new and special projects, as requested by the senior pastor
2. Represents the senior pastor in dealing with members of the congregation, other churches, and the community at large, as required.
3. Runs errands for the Senior Pastor
2. Minimum of BSc
3. Prior experience as an Executive Assistant/Administrative staff
4. Good Organizational and time management skills
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Exceptional telephone skills
7. Proficient in the use of Apps such as Canva, Inshot, Vivavideo, etc.
8. Use of MS Office
9. Flexible to work any time of the day or night
1. Maintains confidentiality in all situations
2. The gift of hospitality
3. Has a pleasant personality
4. Should be a devout Christian and strong believer.